Tuesday, September 21, 2010

‘A dosa that almost ate me’ or ‘The Great Kovai Surprise ’

It was beyond all my imaginations. None of those wildest surrealistic dreams of mine,  took me to anything closer to this, (Exaggerating: Never mind) which just happened in a yummier, crispier and filling manner.
  This part of Tamil Nadu was new to me though I stayed years together in other parts of it. I never imagined, a city, where most of the people spoke my language, just few miles away from my state; could give me this shock on the breakfast table.
I was driving to cochin from Bangalore and hungry like hell when  stepped into this Place in Coimbatore. Having skipped the dinner previous night,  I didn't had to think twice for placing my order for my favourite ‘Paper plain Dosa’ for a crispy and filling breakfast. I kept smiling while the waiter tried to warn me that it could be slightly bigger than what i probably imagined. At the least,  I should have realised when they placed two banana leaves instead of the regular single. 

 
    (my mother in law giving me an emotional support; sharing the question marks)


It took two waiters to bring it to my table, ensuring it would not even have the slightest damage possible,before their privileged guest touched it. The whole scene started to turn bit of embarrassing to me,when I could feel some eyes were turning to our table, probably to see, how this silly looking guy was going to devour that huge piece of edible wonder.


                              (Anandhas, Coimbatore where I had my Dosa Surprise! )

No comments:

Post a Comment